The dreamy image above is for a children’s book titled ‘Ensuenos,’ (which means fantasy or daydream in Spanish). The book was written by David Aceituno and illustrated by Conrad Roset. Design and layout were done by Maria Diamantes. To see additional imagery, click on the image above. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
This life is big and wonderful. And chock full of pain.
When the gnawing darkness begins to wear me down, it always helps to count my blessings. Here are 10 things that I am grateful for today (in no particular order):
1. My husband. Without him, I couldn’t do what I am doing. I am so grateful for his continued support, and that he still loves me despite all my shortcomings.
2. My daughter. How she makes me laugh!
3. Good red wine, espresso, and dark chocolate.
4. This journey– making my dreams a reality. I got some incredible news in the studio this week. I am not quite ready to spill the beans, but stay tuned. Good things are in the works…
5. My health. I have experienced some major issues with my left hip due to a zipline accident, and for several years, it hurt just to go on a 20 minute walk. Since my last surgery (about a year and a half ago), my hip feels almost as good as it did before I injured it in the first place. Every time I go on a walk, I am grateful that I can do so without being in pain.
6. The crocus and hyacinth blooming in my yard. Spring (my favorite time of the year) is on its way…
7. The rest of my family. I am blessed to have a lot of family living close by. Pitching in to help each other out is how we all get by.
8. Friends. Those amazing souls who support us, inspire us, and lift us up when we are feeling down.
9. My sweet black dog, who gets excited and jumps up to greet me every time I walk in the door. We could all learn something from such unbridled enthusiasm.
10. Possibilty. In this life, anything can happen. Sometimes, I find myself wishing that I could see how the story was going to end. But what an amazing adventure it is to have no idea what’s around the corner.
What are you grateful for?